Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I believe the key to success can be summarized by one rule: accept a challenge. Taking a challenge can be difficult, but can surely assist you in being successful. I have experienced many times of taking a risk. One of those risks was achieving my career status. I came to learn that without pushing myself to my goal, I would have had a hard time getting there. I believe that taking a challenge is the key to success because when I look at intelligent and well-known scientists, presidents, and business men, I notice they achieved their positions by meeting challenges head on.
Taking a risk can be setting a goal for myself or simply going with my gut feeling. For example, I was always interested in the economy and cars.  I had to take a risk either keep my minimum wage job at a grocery store or do something I always wanted for a much better pay check. I decided to take that risk. Ever since I took this risk I haven’t worked.  I now make what I previously could not even earn in a month in less than a week.  In a sense this risk worked out for me but when it comes to risks they don’t always work out.  An example of that was me getting into the car business.  I took the risk of helping my mentor’s body shop in a sense of providing half of the cost for the cars and selling my car and in return for some profit and driving the vehicles we buy.  We didn’t anticipate that some cars from the auctions had more hidden damage and as rules suggest “buy as is” we couldn’t do anything about it.  Although it turned out to be a waste of time and leaving me without a car, I love watching these cars come back to working and using different ones for different activities.

For some, taking a risk may help people achieve self-confidence and goals may be a great choice. Like me, choosing to take a risk was a great choice. I believe the key to success is taking a risk and going with your gut feeling. Even when mistakes occur you must take those mistakes and learn from them. We take challenges every day without noticing them, but you will know if you overcame those challenges at the end of your successful day.  When it comes down to it, you just have to be proud of the decision you make and how it’s really just about overcoming your fears. Because the truth is, every time you take a big risk in your life, no matter how it ends up, you’re always glad you took it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment